Progressive Downloader Pro For Mac v5.4 Download Manager For Mac PD (Progressive Downloader) is a powerful and flexible download manager.Auto-resume downloads. Any interrupted download will be automatically resumed when your system wakes up or the application relaunches.Multi-thread downloads. Application downloads different parts of the file at the same time to make the downloading process faster.Queue manager. Control the order of your downloads by changing download priority.Mirror search. Automatic search for different locations of the same file to take the fastest one.Smart drag and drop. Drag and drop a part of text with hyperlinks on the application badge to download them. You can also do a similar operation with any text or html file.FTP, FTPS and SFTP browser. Browse and download files with double click or using drag and drop.When it works, it works very well. Dev has been active and responded to my concerns, so I am giving benefit of doubt for now. I’m still having trouble downloading entire folders from premium sites, but I have yet to try the services supported by PD.I am still curious about “Plus Mode”. Also Check Out App Switcher Pro .
Give this a try, it will definitely speed up your downloads significantly if you can get links to work. The latest update seems to be working much more often for me. I live in Africa, where there is a lot of latency, stalled connections, etc. Using Progressive Downloader allows me to download files much faster b/c of using multiple threads (or “connections” to a specific server), as well as auto restarting if the connection drops. For example, downloading an OS X update from the App Store is horribly slow. But if the download is available on the web (most major OS X updates are), then you can use PD and add multiple threads and the speed will increase a lot. I also use it for downloading IPSW files for updating my phones. This is one of my must-have apps.The app is good, but pretty buggy.It randomly restarts certain downloads after they’re done. Duplicates them basically.It hangs quite often, have to Force Quit.Would like to see these issues fixed.
Also, I’m not sure what this app is built with, but it’s pretty Progressive Downloader and responds very laggy. Right clicking an active download sometimes pulls up a menu with all options greyed out. Then I must click away and click back, and right click, if I need to suspend, or resume the download. Very weird behaviour. It’s like this app was written in Java or something.Overall, a well-designed program that works as advertised. I would give this 5 stars except for the fact that the scheduling function is awkward. Presently we’re on satellite internet and after Progressive Downloader bandwidth isn’t counted against our limit. This is why I searched for and bought this program in the first place. When I add a new download and schedule it to start after midnight, the program defaults to June of 2009 and I have to click through until I get to today’s date. This despite the fact that the system date & time is correct. Also, changing the time is via an analog clock and you have to click and select the hands to change the time. Awkward and a bit frustrating, especially since the program knows what the date is as when you finally click up to the correct date the current date is highlighted in blue. If the scheduling features are fixed I’d recommend this app without hesitation.
The Features Of Progressive Downloader Pro For Mac:
- Auto-resume downloads. Any interrupted download will be automatically resumed when your system wakes up or the application relaunches.
- Multi-thread downloads. Application downloads different parts of the file at the same time to make the downloading process faster.
- Queue manager. Control the order of your downloads by changing download priority.
- Automatic search for different locations of the same file to take the fastest one.
- Smart drag and drop. Drag and drop a part of text with hyperlinks on the application badge to download them.
- You can also do a similar operation with any text or html file.FTP, FTPS and SFTP browser.
- Browse and download files with double click or using drag and drop.
How to download and Install Progressive Downloader Pro For Mac OS?
- First, you need to click on the below download button and shift to the download Progressive Downloader Pro For Mac OS.
- On the download page, you can easily download your software via the given method.
- After downloading, please read the instruction on the download page and follow them.
- After that, your app will be installed successfully.
- After that, your app will be ready for use.